A human-centered, product & Service
Design is meant for making impact - I've SPENT 10+ YEARS DESIGNING A BIT OF EVERYTHING.
Designing innovative consumer health services for the healthcare system in India. Optimizing software development for a Fortune 500 tech company. Streamlining online shopping for a fashion startup. Increasing the number of good days parents had with their children diagnosed with ADHD. Improving customer support for a Fortune 50 tech company. Analyzing the family experience for a fast food icon. Documenting the southern food experience reinterpreted in California.
I plan for the next 10 years to be equally as exciting as I look forward to leading cross-functional teams, mentoring other designers and managing big-impact projects. The potential of design is great and I want to lead clients, customers and peers towards a collaborative, human-centered future.
Some projects require a password to protect the client and work in development.
If you'd like to learn more, please contact me.
Integrate new feature into key user flows for post-alpha release in the native mobile app for parents and responsive web app for teachers.
Design an service that improves the well-being of adults aged 50 and over. Created a successful service business pitch presented to the company CTO and leading Silicon Valley VC firm.
As a contract interaction designer, I designed, validated and supported implementation of new product features that significantly increased the satisfaction of customer support agents.
Engage and excite an established design team around an improved user-centered design process. Utilized collaborative exercises, workshops, mentoring and artifacts that the team has since used to convince stakeholders of change.
Identify innovation opportunities in healthcare in India and present findings to the CEO and management team, while living and working in Mumbai, India.
Design the next major release for a storage management product. Re-envision the product's information architecture and interaction design.
Design the components and information architecture of a SaaS key performance indicator (KPI) dashboard. Build patterns and UX rules for data visualizations designed for executives to access on a tablet.
Develop the visual design of workshop materials, toolkit and elements of the final report for workshops engaging policymakers and local innovators.
I’m a product and service design leader driven to make a positive impact in a complex world.
Senior Experience Designer
EchoUser, Feb. 2015 - Present
- Utilized a human-centered design process with startup and Fortune 500 clients in industries such as fashion, food/dining, B2B technology/networking, and more.
- Conducted generative user research and evaluative usability testing.
- Collaborated with engineers to implement designs and plan for edge cases.
- Led innovation workshops with senior staff and managers to improve internal processes.
User Experience Designer (Contract)
Google, Jan. 2016 - Aug. 2016
- Embedded as an interaction designer in the UX team for an internal support product.
- Shipped features that increased adoption of latest product version and immediately resulted in a big increase of user satisfaction.
- Collaborated with product managers, UX peers, front-end engineers and backend engineers to design features for both current and next generation of the product.
Experience Design Intern, Concept and Design
McDonald's Corporation, Jun. 2013 - Aug. 2013
- Co-developed strategic frameworks and prototypes for the global design team.
- Lead a 20-person team in a company-wide sustainability design challenge.
Freelance Graphic Designer
IIT Institute of Design, Oct. 2012 - Aug. 2013
- Designed workshop materials, toolkits and final report for co-design workshops.
- Collaborated with ID faculty to engage policymakers and local innovators in exploring the role of ubiquitous urban technology.
Online Editor, Graphic Designer
Callahan & Associates, Inc., Sept. 2010 - Jul. 2012
- Managed CMS migration and strategic restructuring of a flagship product, CreditUnions.com.
- Won Silver Medal Azbee Award for relaunched CreditUnions.com.
- Coordinated multiple stakeholders including internal managers, the design team and contracted technical consultants.
- Illustrated and designed a quarterly technology magazine, while simultaneously developing video assets and print materials.
The Forum for Youth Investment, Jan. 2008 - Sept. 2010
- Sole print and web designer responsible for five distinct brands.
- Designed and managed print production and branding for the small education non-profit on rush fulfillment deadlines.
- Executed the design and front-end development for a policy and resource center comprising over 10,000 articles.
Competitor analysis ✦ Heuristic evaluation
Qualitative research ✦ Usability testing ✦ User research
Interaction design ✦ Prototyping ✦ Wireframing
Service design ✦ Product design ✦ Visual design
Project management ✦ Workshop facilitation
Sketch ✦ Axure ✦ InVision ✦ Adobe Creative Suite
Office 365 ✦ Confluence
Master of Design in Service Design & Design Strategy
IIT Institute of Design, Graduated 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design
University of Maryland, Baltimore County; Graduated 2006
Bachelor of Arts in English Writing & Communications
University of Maryland, Baltimore County; Graduated 2006
2nd Place Winner, San Francisco Service Jam
At the 2015 Global Service Jam, my team examined how people express physical and emotional pain. We designed and presented a service that supported communication between doctors and loved ones.
Silver Award Winner, New or Relaunched Site
CreditUnions.com won a National Silver Award in the Digital category for a "New or Relaunched Site" in the 2013 Azbee Awards. The American Society of Business Press Editors Azbee Awards of Excellence is a competitive program for business-to-business, trade, association, and professional publications.
Co-author “Project & Knowledge Management for Designers” presented and published for Proceedings of the Colors of Care: The 9th International Conference on Design & Emotion, 2014.
- Co-chair, 2013 Design Research Conference.
I'm based in San Francisco, CA and always up for coffee, chai or milk tea. 😉
Want to talk about my work, get advice on service design in San Francisco, talk about your company or gush about cats? Complete the form below and I'll reply as soon as I can.