In 10+ YEARS, I've shown the potential of design
in a variety of industries.
Designing innovative consumer health services for the healthcare system in India.
Guiding a UX team towards an optimized and collaborative product development process.
Streamlining the shopping experience for a fashion startup.
Increasing the number of good days for children diagnosed with ADHD by using an innovative mobile app.
Improving customer support for a Fortune 10 tech company.
Analyzing and improving the family experience for a fast food icon.
The next 10 years will be equally as exciting. I want to lead cross-functional teams comprised of designers, engineers, product managers and users to bring to life big-impact projects. Together, we can have a lot of fun creating a human-centered future.
Some projects require a password to protect the client and work in development.
If you'd like the password or want to learn more, please contact me.
Integrate new feature into key user flows for post-alpha release in the native mobile app for parents and responsive web app for teachers.
Design an service that improves the well-being of adults aged 50 and over. Created a successful service business pitch presented to the company CTO and leading Silicon Valley VC firm.
As a contract interaction designer, I designed, validated and supported implementation of new product features that significantly increased the satisfaction of customer support agents.
Engage and excite an established design team around an improved user-centered design process. Utilized collaborative exercises, workshops, mentoring and artifacts that the team has since used to convince stakeholders of change.
Identify innovation opportunities in healthcare in India and present findings to the CEO and management team, while living and working in Mumbai, India.
Design the next major release for a storage management product. Re-envision the product's information architecture and interaction design.
Design the components and information architecture of a SaaS key performance indicator (KPI) dashboard. Build patterns and UX rules for data visualizations designed for executives to access on a tablet.
Develop the visual design of workshop materials, toolkit and elements of the final report for workshops engaging policymakers and local innovators.
I’m a product and service design leader driven to make a positive impact in a complex world.
EchoUser, Apr. 2018 - Present
- Manage three individual contributors, which includes providing project advice, mentoring and career advice.
- Advocate for direct reports and overall design staff in weekly and on-demand resourcing discussions.
- Deliver product vision and design deliverables for proposals.
- Drive and contribute to discussions at the weekly leadership team company meetings on a variety of topics from client relationships to operating expenses.
Senior Experience Designer
EchoUser, Feb. 2015 - Apr. 2018
- Utilized a human-centered design process with startup and Fortune 500 clients in industries such as fashion, food/dining, B2B technology/networking, and more.
- Conducted generative user research and evaluative usability testing.
- Collaborated with engineers to implement designs and plan for edge cases.
- Led innovation workshops with senior staff and managers to improve internal processes.
User Experience Designer (Contract)
Google, Jan. 2016 - Aug. 2016
- Embedded as an interaction designer in the UX team for an internal support product.
- Shipped features that increased adoption of latest product version and immediately resulted in a big increase of user satisfaction.
- Collaborated with product managers, UX peers, front-end engineers and backend engineers to design features for both current and next generation of the product.
Experience Design Intern, Concept and Design
McDonald's Corporation, Jun. 2013 - Aug. 2013
- Co-developed strategic frameworks and prototypes for the global design team.
- Lead a 20-person team in a company-wide sustainability design challenge.
Freelance Graphic Designer
IIT Institute of Design, Oct. 2012 - Aug. 2013
- Designed workshop materials, toolkits and final report for co-design workshops.
- Collaborated with ID faculty to engage policymakers and local innovators in exploring the role of ubiquitous urban technology.
Online Editor, Graphic Designer
Callahan & Associates, Inc., Sept. 2010 - Jul. 2012
- Managed CMS migration and strategic restructuring of a flagship product, CreditUnions.com.
- Won Silver Medal Azbee Award for relaunched CreditUnions.com.
- Coordinated multiple stakeholders including internal managers, the design team and contracted technical consultants.
- Illustrated and designed a quarterly technology magazine, while simultaneously developing video assets and print materials.
The Forum for Youth Investment, Jan. 2008 - Sept. 2010
- Sole print and web designer responsible for five distinct brands.
- Designed and managed print production and branding for the small education non-profit on rush fulfillment deadlines.
- Executed the design and front-end development for a policy and resource center comprising over 10,000 articles.
Competitor analysis ✦ Heuristic evaluation
Qualitative research ✦ Usability testing ✦ User research
Interaction design ✦ Prototyping ✦ Wireframing
Service design ✦ Product design ✦ Visual design
Project management ✦ Workshop facilitation
Project scoping ✦ Organizational change
Sketch ✦ Axure ✦ InVision ✦ Adobe Creative Suite
Office 365 ✦ Confluence
Session Co-Speaker, "Designing for a Human Point of View: Discovering Problems through Contextual Inquiry", OpenOakland's CityCamp 2018
Presenter, "From Fire-Fighter to Fire Starter: How to accelerate organizational change from the inside" Ladies that UX SF Chapter
Mentor, Out of Office Hours (Mar. 2018-Present)
Co-author “Project & Knowledge Management for Designers” presented and published for Proceedings of the Colors of Care: The 9th International Conference on Design & Emotion, 2014.
- Co-chair, 2013 Design Research Conference.
2nd Place Winner, San Francisco Service Jam
At the 2015 Global Service Jam, my team examined how people express physical and emotional pain. We designed and presented a service that supported communication between doctors and loved ones.
Silver Award Winner, New or Relaunched Site
CreditUnions.com won a National Silver Award in the Digital category for a "New or Relaunched Site" in the 2013 Azbee Awards. The American Society of Business Press Editors Azbee Awards of Excellence is a competitive program for business-to-business, trade, association, and professional publications.
Master of Design in Service Design & Design Strategy
IIT Institute of Design, Graduated 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design
University of Maryland, Baltimore County; Graduated 2006
Bachelor of Arts in English Writing & Communications
University of Maryland, Baltimore County; Graduated 2006
I'm based in San Francisco, CA and always up for coffee, chai or milk tea. 😉
Want to talk about my work, get advice on service design in San Francisco, talk about your company or gush about cats? Complete the form below and I'll reply as soon as I can.